Monday, July 12, 2010

Sierra Nevada Porter

Sierra Nevada Porter pours a damn near black beer.  I see shadows of dark mahogany running down the bottom half of my nonic pint glass.



I've never smelled a porter quite like this.  It smells of cascade hops, rendering citrusy tones.  But, something is different about the smell.  It's not exactly IPA'ish, despite the discerned presence of the cascade variety.  Here it goes...

My god what a mild taste.  So soft, like Smithick's, yet a burnt toast/to dark roasted coffee shows itself in the aftertaste.  The taste from the aforementioned hops finds its way to the quarters of ones taste buds as well.

I can't even say anything more.  I want to go and enjoy this one.  It just might be the greatest beer I've ever had.  Sierra Nevada's Porter definitely prides itself in balance.  There, that's it.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment