Saturday, July 9, 2011

Stoney's Gold Crown Premium Beer

I found this brew on the Stoney's website (http://www.stoneysbeer.com/), and after discovering that it's been the center of zero attention on the world wide web, I decided to request it at the beer distributor I work for. My guess is it's only available in a few areas, likely in six-pack shops in and around Smithton, PA.

First off, the Stoney's website image of this brew is deceptive. I don't see the near-copper golden body pouring out of my 16 oz can. It appears plain gold with a little tarnished yellow.

Extremely mild in smell. Wet malts and grassy hops.

Palatable for sure, but notably bland. Hops to balance, if that's possible. There's barely any maltiness to speak of, so I guess this brew is relatively hoppy.

On the lighter side, but fuller than say a Coors Light. Also, it's probably more enjoyable out the can than in the glass. However, that's not to say it wouldn't be better on-tap. Just my assumption.

Note: had I not received an employee discount, a flat of 24 16 oz cans would have cost me about $15.



Uh huh, that's a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment