Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Duck-Rabbit Milk Stout

I almost had an accident.  No, not that kind of accident.  This beer drilled its way to the top of my glass before I could say "oh, shit!" and forced me to swallow up some of the nice soda-beige head that was willing to barrel out of the glass if I didn't do something about it.



The brew is black as night, save a few dark brown mahogany spots down below when I hold the glass in front of my lamp.  It smells sweet: blackberries, brown sugar, concord grapes, maybe even some brown raisins. As it warms up I smell some coffee mixed in with the rest of the aromas.

The taste is far more gritty.  Black malts, spent coffee.  Still, this being a milk stout, it's gritty on a sugar high. Almost makes my mouth pucker.

The mouthfeel is very appealing; a sweet kiss, and a citric quality follows through like I sucked a lime.

I found this brew to be a pretty tasty milk stout from The Duck-Rabbit Craft Brewery.

No comments:

Post a Comment