Thursday, August 25, 2011

Abita's Satsuma, Seasonal Harvest Wit

Brought an Abita Brewing Co Party-Pack to a friend's house last night, and out of the three brews I hadn't had yet, this was the most impressive to me.

Pours a cloudy straw-yellow body with a spotty, white head. Carbonation bubbles rising to the top.

Smells of spicy yeast, cloves and nothing out of the ordinary for the style. Faintly boozy.

A prickly wheat dryness in the feel at first, but a bit watery later on. Light-bodied. Grains and a mild hint of lemon zest in the taste. Hop oils seem to battle it out with the hop bitters.

Notes: I feel like I should have served this to myself at a colder temperature, say 45 degrees F(it's probably around 50 degrees F). However, this brew is very enjoyable, and perfect for summer months. I wouldn't mind seeing it come winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment