Thursday, February 18, 2010

Sly Fox Pikeland Pils

Unfortunately I have a sizable Anthropology exam to continue studying for tonight, so I'll keep this one brief (I couldn't help but have a beer, and I really wanted to review this one):



Tastes like a European Pale Lager, similiar in taste to Pilsner Urquell, but far less robust in body and IBU's than the classic from the Czech Republic.

Pikeland Pils smells of cloves, wheat, and yeast. One might also suggest that corn was brewed in the wort, but I'm giving Sly Fox the benefit of the doubt and guessing it's just yeast. Looks like Miller Lite, Bud Light, or Coors Lite, but with better ingredients as evidenced by the quality foam/head retention.

The brew definitely has a slightly sour taste, but the hops balance it all out. Pikeland Pils is very sessionable. My one and only complaint would be the yeasty-corn smell that kind of gets to me after a few good sips. Other than that, I'm fine. Final word: Pikeland Pils definitely stands as effort enough to interest me in trying another from the brewery from Royersford, Pennsylvania.

No comments:

Post a Comment